Thursday, May 12, 2005

The 221b Barker Street Residence.

How on earth can I post photographs quickly and easily into the blog entry I don't know. I just don't know I'm only a man I don't know.

Embed html maybe, I shouldn't wonder.



Oh Right then. I see then it shows up in the editor.

oh that's very good.

P.S. That's a house I lived in the early 1980. The photo is taken only a year ago and though 20 years have past it's virtually exactly the same as the day I walked out of it even down to the piece of board put over the window of the front door where my flatmate had put his fist through the glass to gain entry once when he had left his keys inside.

It's in a heritage area of Newcastle called "The Hill" and it's definitely a genuine colonial era building I spent some time exploring underneath it and found all convict hewn sandstone blocks forming the foundations, and other weird things in the darkness. Lost a battery charger down there actually, very distressing in those days of limited access to batteries, or chargers.

So with no driveway, and no way of putting one in due to policies of The Hill committee, and being no doubt worth a small fortune this excellent house just sits there, probably some kind of nestegg in someone's estate alas.

I liked living in that house.

Oh that's too big

Maybe times in small font would be good.

I thought Trebuchet was a catapult like weapon of great size.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home