Saturday, June 25, 2005

The Strange Case

I discovered I had fallen asleep as I often do when the weight of the day has crushed me down onto the bed when I woke up from the following nightmare.

So, I find myself in some semi-interactive voyeur role, some kind of advocate for one of the people involved in a mystery that was taking place, maybe some kind of lawyers second chair not unlike you would see on television shows. I seemed to have been introduced into some kind of investigation and prosecution in which I had no knowledge what was going on.

The subjects of the incident in question were Laura San Giacomo and John-Boy Walton, which immediately struck me as being strange. Laura San Giacomo was pleading for understanding the group of people I seemed to be working for, she was asking to be punished in place of John-Boy Walton with the full weight of their justice, feeling it to be the only just solution.

John-Boy Walton was a slow witted "man-child" type of character, much as John Steinbeck always seems to include in such works as Cannery Row. He loved Laura San Giacomo there could be no doubt or at least obsessed. It was all he would to talk about to the investigators.

But none the less, in an isolated interrogation room by use of a dead severed cows head (which curiously had been squashed flat to a thickness of about three centimeters) and several different weapons somehow it was demonstrated beyond a doubt to even myself that he had definitely done the heinous crime that had taken place before my arrival.

Then I was with the entire cast of characters in some kind of place of judgment, I was sitting to the side of the team with John-boy Walton and all the evidence was being presented, especially the severed cows head derived evidence which was increasingly showing itself as the absolute proof of his guilt. After some time one of the panel in judgment, of which there were only about three, began gesturing at me trying to get my attention. I looked toward him and he began to make gestures resembling some kind sign language or code under his desk, I did not understand. He continued making these gestures, under the desk, unseen by his cronies on the bench, becoming more and more intense and forceful with them.

Then I could see my own hand and arm appear out in front of my line of vision and I raised my middle digit and "gave the finger" several times in an abusive manner back to him, also out of sight of anyone but him.

He then grimaced and with some considerable irritation at me evident in his manner he leant over and said quietly and still unnoticed by anyone else, "Get your client out of Sydney, Get your client out of SYDNEY!, go on, now, don't just sit there , run, RUN!.


Then the whole scene switched to myself and John-Boy Walton out in the streets of the CBD of Sydney, the great metropolis(Photo of Metropolis Sydney left). But he was uncontrollable, I tried to make him shut up and come with me to escape, but he just kept breaking away and looking for Laura Sang Giacomo. He was calling out for her and looking up many streets. I soon gave into this and started to look for Laura San Giacomo too because frankly I myself wouldn't have minded having her around for the escape. So we were both roaming the streets of Metropolis Sydney looking for Laura San Giacomo.

Then I felt myself being pulled way, I fought it, but it pulled harder, on my back. It pulled until I was able to fight anymore, it made a noise not unlike the THX sound system noise as I was pulled away and when it had pulled me completely out I opened my eyes and the nightmare was over.

For now....

Because I had awoken now at the time to take the ICOM 756 amateur radio transceiver down to Sydney to be repaired for the fault with the automatic antenna tuner mentioned in the previous blog entry. It had to be done in the battered and tortured 1977 Mini Cooper as that was the nature of the adventure, an adventure which would soon introduce you to the strange and enigmatic Pater Bob.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home